Saturday, November 12, 2005

Sweet Florida

The week has been Pure Excitement.

After returning from a Disney weekend spent with my parents and brother (tearfully billed as the Last Time We'll Vacation Together, Just The 4 Of Us), I proceeded to obtain my once-a-year sickness, most likely thanks to my boss, who we stupidly had blow out candles on his 40th Birthday Cake on Tuesday. Thus, my days involved going to work, working late, and then going to sleep. It's been forever since 10+ hours.

Last night I was reminded that I am lame. The Chuck Lamar Fishermen's Ball was happening at Tropicana Field, which meant that people from Tampa High Society came to the dome wearing hawaiian shirts to say drink wine and say hi to their acquaintances in case they ever need a favor. The end of the event was a live auction, featuring, among other things, a boat, cars, and various vacations. Bidding for these items was well over $1500, oftentimes going to $6500, and these were considered low numbers.

All I'm saying is that I don't ever really see a day when I can shell out $3000 on a whim for a signed John Havlicek basketball, even if the proceeds go toward pediatriac cancer research. I can read all the Theodore Roosevelt biographies I want and call myself smart, but I'd enjoy if the flow was also flowing in alongside the nuggets of wisdom that might be useful for a couch session of Jeopardy.

I'm up this early because my bro went to South Carolina to see Topenga, and Timmreck Taxi Services were needed.

Go Blue.

(Also, I discovered my Wedding Girl Maggie has a blog, so that's exciting: http://www.xanga.com/ringostarrsgirl)

And if anyone finds Ron Wade's cellphone, that'd be splendid. It ran away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home