Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Karbowski's blog always is an inspiration to share random details of my life with the lovely readers (4 of you, thanks!) of this fine bbbblog.

Last weekend was fun: my brother and I dressed up in mouse costumes and plotted to take over the world. Booyeah. Actually, I flew to the greatest American city, Chicago, so Kristin could house me and feed me and drive me to Grand Rapids for a wedding between high school pal John and his nice now-wife Rebecca. John looks different; certainly moreso than when he used to call me "kid" at the Y when we played floor hockey on Friday nights. Eric was in rare form as well, on two occasions just completely stopping his stories, telling me I didn't care and that he wasn't being interesting, and suggesting we go to the dance floor. He tried to dance with the apparent one single girl there while I played wingman with April, but I guess that didn't go so well. April was nice enough, except that she refused to feed the conversation, and I was thus stuck asking weird awkward questions about why she was there until I ran out and hoped that Eric was getting nowhere with Jamey so I could move onto checking the Michigan score, getting more wine, or remigrating to the greatness of Table 5.

The wedding was swell, and the cake, personally crafted by Rebecca The Bride, was marvelous. Congrats to the one guy we didn't think would get married this soon.

Kristin was a machine Saturday night, driving all the way from GR to Chicago while attempting to see how long she could go without blowing air from her mouth or nose (17 seconds). I don't recall time in a car ever passing so quickly; perhaps it was the kitchen-cleaning Mr. Brightside. Midwestern University is a nice enough school, and the perfect place to spend some time if you're studying goose droppings.

So: thanks to KO, congrats again to the newlyweds, props to Eric, hello Shaun and Maggie and Ryan, and it's now back to Dawson's Creek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home