Sunday, March 19, 2006

I still love UNC

Oh, the excitement continues.

First of all, I've noticed a general downturn in the amount of attention given to politics, George W. Bush, Iraq, and the State Of The World. Perhaps this is only because I live in a baseball bubble where entirely too much attention is given to what Nick Green's role on the team is going to be this year. If I had $1 for every time I read about or talked about or heard about Julio Lugo's trade potential during this offseason, I could probably buy, say, a nice pair of shoes. Anyway, is there nothing going on in Washington? Or am I just not paying attention? Scooter Libby, Jack Abramoff, 3-year anniversary, $9 trillion debt, no Osama, blowing up innocent people in Pakistan, Rumsfeld acting like he has no idea what's going on. I think I sorta am following the state of the country.

I wish I had worked in Congress for a summer. The intern thing. Now that I've found a real career path, I want to have all kinds of internships knowing that I have no future in any of them. But I'd enjoy the backstabbing, the drama, all of the wannabees trying to Get Ahead. It'd be so funny. Then I'd go to PollyEsther's every other weekend or so.

Speaking of PollyEsther's, we've really got to make St. Pete/Tampa a more fun place. This will involve creating a club on the same sort of note as PollyEsther's. If anyone who reads this blog (the 5 of you) wants to start a Fun Nightclub empire, please contact me.

Okay, second of all, the commentators on just about every March Madness game need some Red Bull. Other than Northwestern State's 3-point win, these guys sound like they're very bored versions of Mike Tirico. It's Madness! If Georgetown is destroying Ohio State, make sure everyone knows this. Somehow, I am totally working Georgetown into my wardrobe tomorrow. While watching the game today, I was reminded of how, while working there, I was asked to downplay the fact that Allen Iverson was a Hoya. Frankly, the fact that Mike Sweetney went there is, at the moment, more embarassing. Did anyone see the Bulls' green jerseys on Saturday?

Third of all, I am listening to Hootie and the Blowfish right now. Let's fix that.

Ah, some Zeppelin. All My Love is a Top 30er.

Fourth, I would like to congratulate Ms. Karbo for getting into Harvard Law. I actually heard it's pretty easy. Unlike that Michigan place. Why are all my friends turning into lawyers? Oh right: So my mom will have somebody to...I don't know. But she seems to enjoy the fact that Chris is a lawyer. I explained how if she ever wanted to take over GM, he might be able to help, but that didn't really seem to register. I think I only have about three friends who are lawyers. Or future lawyers. Many others are in various med schools. On the other hand, I totally run scoreboards. I will also not be buying the group's boat.

Fifth, I'm curious if V For Vendetta was any good. I don't really like the HowDoYouSpellWachowskiBrothers, because, if nothing else, they totally ripped off Dark City for their stupid Matrix, which, if nothing else, involved Keanu Reeves, and really the only way you can do worse in a movie is by including Matthew Broderick or Paul Walker as your lead. I'd include Matthew McCougheney in this list as well, but I happen to own Contact, which isn't even that great a movie. By the way: The next person who says "Ferris Bueller" after I reveal I dislike Broderick with the burning passion of 1000 neutron stars (this phrase is more fun to say than write) will get water dumped on his or her head.

Okay, neutron stars. I googled it, and the first entry is a professor's page, and he inexplicably starts it with a photo of Mickey The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Amazing.

I'm toying with taking my site offline, or at least moving it. I'm slightly concerned that my existence as a lowly-but-still-real employee of the TBDR might conflict with various photo albums. Speaking of which: Now here's what I'm going to wonder for a while...I emailed Dr. Lawren*ce some months ago asking if he had anyone who might want a sweet intersnhip down here in Florida. I received no response. And I wonder if this has anything to do with me slurring him on the Infamous Night At PollyEsther's story. It wasn't even any sort of serious slur.

These are the kinds of things you can wonder about in America. I love it.

Poor Heels. GO HOYAS.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, April 01, 2006 1:28:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Thanks for the congrats ;) I got into that Michigan place too. But I know that if I went there I would always be in Chris's shadow. My ego just couldn't handle it ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home